10 May #Job – STEAM Education Specialist Algiers
Position title: STEAM Education Specialist
Reports to: Education Project Manager
World Learning, an international organization specializing in educational, development and exchange programs (www.worldlearning.org) has one immediate opening for a STEAM Education Specialist. This is a full-time position based at the Algiers STEAM Center in Algiers, Algeria. Some travel to project sites may be required.
The Algiers STEAM Center is an industry-led initiative to strengthen the innovation, critical thinking and communication skills of the Algerian workforce via direct training of youth, targeted training of teachers, and community education forums and events.
The STE(A)M Center provides workshops for students in middle school, high school, and university on Science, Technology, Engineering, (Arts) and Math, in addition to Career Planning and Civic Engagement training. It also offers Teacher Training workshops series for STEAM Mentors, graduate teachers, and students preparing to be teachers.
STEAM (or STEM) is a multidisciplinary approach where students learn by doing and reflect on their learning following project-based and enquiry-based methodology. Learning at the STEAM Center happens in the format of multi-level workshops ranging from basic coding and robotics to advanced Virtual Reality simulations.
The STEM Education Specialist is an educator with a passion for STEM, a creative and innovative mindset to help advance the vision of the STEAM Project exposing youth in Algeria to innovative learning opportunities. He/She will design and implement education programming to develop new initiatives and ideas to build the capacity of the STEAM Center and to ensure achievement of great results throughout the project.
- Focus on bringing the STEM approach to youth through continuous research and development based on STEM education in coordination with the Education Project Manager.
- Plan, organize, implement, and supervise volunteer-run, STEAM-focused activities and events, in addition to regional and national challenges and programs from online application to participation.
- Dedicate at least 20% of the time towards attending with direct STEAM activities and develop creative content for new STEM workshops and challenges.
- Conduct new volunteer and mentor induction and guidance.
- Liaise with the Ouargla STEM Center, and the Algeria STEAM Corners.
- Utilize the project monitoring and evaluation tools to document progress.
- Other tasks as assigned
- STEAM & innovation mindset.
- Passion and high level of commitment to bring the STEM programming experience to the community.
- English, French, and Arabic professional proficiency
- Excellent ability to work in a high performing team
- Professional level of MS Office and ability to use a variety of technology devices, software, apps, and online resources.
- University degree in STEM related-fields.
- Experience participating in STEM/Maker/DIY workshops
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV in English/French to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19 2018 and include “STEAM Education Specialist Algiers” in the subject line.