15 Oct #Internship – COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Temporary)
Position Title: COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Temporary)
Reports to: Senior Digital Communications Specialist
Location: Algiers, Algeria
The Communications Intern will provide support to the Senior Digital Communications Specialist (SDCS), contributing to the execution of World Learning Algeria’s external communications strategy.
This is an ideal position for a young professional who aspires to a career in communications and marketing or a similar field, and who wants to gain experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic international organization. The position is temporary and anticipated to last 2-3 months, with a part-time work schedule; final schedule will depend on the selected candidate’s availability and World Learning’s needs. The position is based in Algiers with potential for some remote work (i.e. work-from-home) for certain tasks. While this is not a salaried position, World Learning will provide a financial stipend to offset transport and meal costs.
- Audiovisual: Help to take photos and videos during program events and activities
- Organization: Help to organize multimedia archives
- Social media management: Help to filter messages and comments on social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Content generation: Help to identify interesting content about which WL can communicate, such as educational activities, student achievements, innovative project ideas
- Completed or working toward a degree in a relevant field: English language, marketing and communications, computer engineering, visual arts, advertising and public relations, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Bridge, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- English, French, and Arabic language proficiency
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Desire to develop professional skills and pursue a career in communications and marketing, social media management, graphic design and visual arts, or similar field
- Availability to work at least 20 hours per week for a period of 2-3 months
To apply: Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17h00 on 22 October 2018.